Wednesday, August 16, 2006
CASE: LCBO 8-Pack
The LCBO has had the 8-pack pick-your-own-beer package for awhile now. However, I am still going to write about it.
Good Packaging = Good Marketing:
1. It supports their Environmental Strategy (or so I think)
2. Try more than just 6 of their 330 beers from 40 different countries! (Their current promotion)
3. Carry your beer with care...no need for a bag whose handle is likely to break anyway. This heavy cardboard is durable, strong and secure.
4. 2 extra beers means more profit for the LCBO.
5. No fancy print on the package, means production speed is higher. It makes sense in this case, the LCBO is selling its beer, not its name.
6. The package is easy to fill. No need for extra set-up of the package. The consumer just pops open the case and away you go.
In our 8-pack: Staropramen, San Miguel, Kingfisher and Grolsch
Tags: Mish's Playground, Tampoya, Marketing, Toronto, Packaging, LCBO