Beestung Lingerie has to be one of my favourite stores in the city. This intimate boutique offers the all the right ingredients to making a small business work.
So what makes this store extraordinary from the rest of the competition?
1. Bra Fitting. The owner or one of the other nice ladies will come right into the change room and make sure that bra you are trying on fits just right. If you have never had a fitting before, I bet you will be surprised at how long you have been wearing the wrong bra. I was for years! Also, they make sure those thin cotton tshirts you wear are available in the change room so you know exactly how the material falls with the bra you are trying on.
2. Personal Service. After a few stops into the store, the ladies knew my name and my size. Even after not stopping in for a few months, they still knew my name!
3. Connecting with other local businesses. While shopping at a local maternity store, Belly, I had asked them to recommend a nursing bra for me. Without the skip of a beat, the store keeper blurted our Beestung. She actually had such good things to say about the owner and store that I went there right after the purchase.
4. Products. There is a lot of competition for Beestung in the Y&E area. Two which are also small boutiques, another three which are major chains. By talking to customers and really nailing down what they like and don't - the consistently offer products that hit home with their clientele.
5. Being online. It is hard for many small business to manage the store, inventory, service and marketing...let alone online marketing. To make sure customers knew what was happening at the store, they started a monthly email and blog that is simple yet useful. It is a great way to stay in touch and announce any new labels they carry or seasonal merchandise.