street from Eglinton to Lawrence to replace some pipes and redo the
sidewalks. That took a good three months. They are now working on
the west side, and who knows how long that will take. Cars are down
to one lane traffic and pedestrians have to live with dust, gravel and
the never ending sounds of drills, trucks and saws.
With all this construction has in no doubt affected local businesses.
With the struggling economy, times must be tough. But, this is making
things extra worse.
However, there are a few marketing tricks some stores are doing to
help bring in business.
1. Dufflet pastries is providing delivery service for a small charge.
2. The Body Shop & L'Occitane have outdoor sample tables.
3. Lululemon, Khiel's and David's Tea teamed up for a weekend to
promote each others products in their stores. This is great because
they have similar target audiences.
4. Roots opens their doors earlier to catch morning traffic like
mommys on their way to starbucks prior to 10 am.
5. Lolo Restaurant and Alize offer set menu's like summerlicious for