My good friend Eden, over at Bargainista.ca, was spreading the word on a great contest - $500 towards a day at The Stillwater Spa and $500 for Davids - and also asking, "What does it take to get you to share your email address and phone number with businesses?"
I won't provide my phone number but will give you my email address if you give me a discount or something for free. If I am a frequent customer, like my bank or the neighbourhood toy store (which I frequent once a week), then I don't need any incentive but I do need good content.
Here are some great examples:
- Khiel's gives its members a free lipbalm once or twice a year.
- Sporting Life and Pistacio give you a discount off your complete purchase by giving your email address.
The next and I think bigger question is. "What does it take to keep you opt-in to business emails...and possibly a phone call?"
The same as above with a few key items.
1. Don't email me too frequently. DON'T spam.
2. The content, freebies and/or discounts should 'matter' to me.
3. You don't share my email address with anyone. That includes your affiliated businesses.