I personally like what Loblaws is doing offline. I like the Galen Weston BBQ commercials and their PR must be working with some coverage in the Toronto Star.
But what about online?
- None of their main ads on their homepage connect with their offline push for 'owning BBQ'
- Majority of their online BBQ Insider Report recipes are not BBQ-friendly
- Those great Galen Weston commercials are nowhere to be found - not even on YouTube.
An integrated approach to your marketing strategy will strengthen the message you are trying to deliver. When planning your seasonal or annual strategy, make sure that you:
1. Include the online team when strategizing.
2. Remember that online is another channel. Consider that some people may only connect with your brand online.
3. Try all the angles. Try to go through the different experiences a customer may have connecting with your brand and connect the dots.